- The Keventer Assisted Farming (KAF) program is based on providing G-9 tissue culture plantlets to farmers along with the best agri-inputs and agronomic practices.
- Keventer has also put in place a team of eight agronomists who will visit every field at least once every week, and provide advice on fertilizer and irrigation application, pest & disease control, and post-harvest management.
- A cloud-based monitoring system in place wherein all fields are geo-tagged and progress is bench-marked against the recommended protocol. Alerts are sent over SMS to the farmer for fertilizer & irrigation applications as well as specific measures to be taken for pest & disease control.
- At a macro level, the software allows to track plant mortality rates across farms, predict whether certain diseases are likely to impact farms in certain locations in the future, and plan harvesting schedules efficiently.
- Keventer bananas are ripened using ethylene, which is the globally accepted and FSSAI advised method of ripening fruits.
- Keventer also has multiple processes in place at the time of sorting & grading the raw bananas which undergo alum treatment at the field level.
- Raw Bananas are dipped in clean water to remove stains, latex and other inert materials. They are then washed in a water solution containing 0.5% Cardendazim/ Bavistin- 50 EC for 10 sec. i.e., 1ml in 1 litre of water for fungal treatment.
- Shade Net Facilities (for short-term storage of tissue culture plantlets) at Kolkata, Nadia & Murshidabad.
- Pack-Houses (for efficient purchase, processing and transport of the produce directly purchased from farmers) at Kolkata, Durgapur, Nadia, Murshidabad.
- Demo Farms (to showcase best practices to farmers) at Kolkata, Nadia, Murshidabad.
- Banana Ripening facilities at Kolkata, Durgapur & Siliguri.
Keventer Agro’s distribution reach is already present in Kolkata and its suburbs, Haldia, Midnapore town, Kharagpur, Hoogly, Burdwan, Asansol, Durgapur, Siliguri, Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling. Operating out of Kolkata and Siliguri, Keventer has a current volume of 45 MT/day (approx. 0.35 million pieces). The Company now plans to scale up this network to every major town in West Bengal and Jharkhand.