- Set aside 1/4th cup of Keventer Standardised Milk. Boil the rest in a pan on medium heat. Stir occasionally to prevent the milk from sticking on the bottom. When the milk comes to a boil, add sugar to it.
- Add custard powder to the 1/4th cup milk. Mix it well to remove all the lumps. Add this mixture slowly to the boiling milk. Keep stirring to ensure it does not burn from the bottom. Boil this for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir for another 2 minutes. This will prevent the custard sauce from burning. Let this cool to a room temperature. Then refrigerate for a few hours to chill.
- Chop all fruits into bite sized pieces. You can add bananas, apples, grapes, pears, cherries, strawberries, pineapples, pomegranate, mango, orange, kiwi or any other seasonal fruit of your choice. Arrange a layer of fruits in a serving bowl.
- Pour a spoonful of custard sauce on the fruits. Keep layering this way alternately with fruits and custard sauce to complete the dish. Garnish with chopped pieces of fresh fruit, jellies or chopped nuts like almonds or cashews.
- Serve the custard chilled.